|Peak District||Chee Dale||Clwyd Limestone||S.Wales Sandstone||S.Wales Limestone||The Gower||Ban-Y-Gor|
|Garage Buttress||Stoney West|
Horse Thief Wall
A good little wall tucked into the quarry on the left-hand side of the horseshoe bend when coming down the hill from Horseshoe Quarry. It has ease of access, dries very quickly and gets the sun until about 4pm
After passing the turning for Horseshoe Quarry, when coming down the hill, a right-hand turn will be seen just before the horseshoe bend. Drive up this, best done when approaching from Horseshoe Quarry, and there a few parking places on the left. Walk down the lane, cross over the road and the crag is 100m down from the lane on the opposite side of the road.
1. Thiefdome (5) short wall, flake and short wall
2. My Thiefdome Come (6b) tricky overlap requiring a long reach
3. Honorary Thiefdome (4) a pleasant pitch via the box-in recess
4. Brexit? Thiefdome! (66) a short tricky start then easy
5. Complete Thiefdome (5+) the flake line exiting left
6. Dome of the Thief (6b+) starts in a short corner and climbs a tricky wall
7. Under the Thiefdome (5) takes a long slim groove in an arete.
Further to the left are seven routes on a shorter wall. Thiefdome (5), My Thiefdome Come (6b), Honorary Thiefdome (5), Brexit? Thiefdome! (6a) Complete Thiefdome (6b) takes a short wall into a scoop, Dome of the Thief (6b+) starts in a short corner and climbs a tricky wall and Under the Thiefdome (6a) takes a long slim groove in an arete.
1. Rustle Up (6a) steep straightforward crack to tricky wall above ledges
2. The Thief of Baghdad (6b+) * good wall climbing with a tricky central section
3. The Thief of Mad Dad (6b+) * another good little pitch with a short tricky section past a right-facing corner
4. The Rustler (6b) * a pleasant shallow groove system
5. Thieving Magpies (6a) * the wall past and above the prominent overlap
6. Rustler Brand (6b) * the pleasant vague blunt rib to the right
7. Amazing Thief (6a+) * an unbalanced route with one hard move
8. Stop Thief (6a) fringes the wall with a long move to and past the third BR
9. Horse Nails (7a) a short desperate wall, especially for those lacking inches.
10. Nailed (6b+) A desperate mantelshelf to the right and a long reach start