|Peak District||Chee Dale||Clwyd Limestone||S.Wales Sandstone||S.Wales Limestone||The Gower||Ban-Y-Gor|
Main Wall Area
This is the area of cliff just beyond the large boulder on the right of the entrance to Crustacean Walls. It is obvious by both its size and intimidating nature but amongst these walls are some big, long and quite intimidating routes.
Around the corner as you make your way along the crag are three routes:
Tower of Pain (6a) the first tower as you walk into the quarry.
1. By Goddard (6c) takes a slim pillar with good technical moves, more sustained than cruxy
2. Sheffield Tape Archive(6a+) a long slim arete finishing high on the cliff.
1 15 Steps (6c+) ** the huge hanging arete in the centre of the big decaying-looking walls. Superb climbing, a little dusty low down but magnificent positions high up.
2. Neon Boneyard (6b+) * a long and very fine route taking a cracked arete and fine headwall. Still needs a couple more bolts. Stick clip for now.
The next four routes are gained via an in-situ rope leading up to them. They are still a little dusty at their base.
3. Testing the Fossil (7a) a tricky sequence above the second bolt and one hard move high up.
4. Fossilized (6c) the right-hand of the two lines has a hard move low down/
5. Crinoid Corner (6a+) the big corner line
6. Amanitas (6c+) the flowstone arete.
New Facts Emerge (6b+) * the big arete left of Goddard's Corner.
7. Goddards Corner (6a+) the long corner line with gained via a short introductory wall. Needs more traffic. Dave Simmonite
8. Oh My Goddard (7a+) a long with plenty of tricky moves and a real atmosphere to it: stay out of the corner. Tough
9. For Goddard's Sake (7a+) more of the same right again with hard moves from the overhang onwards. Intimidating